Thursday, March 22, 2012

Truth

Dear Reader,

Below is an edited excerpt of something I wrote in 2008, early in my Christianity.  I had forgotten about it until my grandma drew my attention to it this morning.  I went back and reread, editing for clarity and the truths that I’ve since found.  I hope this blesses you. 
 
"My Papa has told me countless times that as a journalist, I have a duty to mankind. That duty is to teach truth. Truth is not always the tip of the iceberg, but it is always present, with a little seeking. At times it is completely submerged underneath the waves of false truth and imitation, and it takes more than a little seeking to find; it requires the complete will ("Come near to God and He will come near to you"-James 4:8). Some find this difficult to comprehend. Many times I’ve heard, "I'm trying to find God but I don't know where He is." My answer? It's hard to see the sun through the clouds. Sin darkens our beings and shades our sight of the Lord. In other words, one cannot continuously sin without a repentant heart and expect to be close to the sinless One. Our Spirit is strong inside of us and will send a pang in our hearts when we sin.  But after repeatedly ignoring instruction from the Lord, His voice starts to seem quieter. In no time, it can even appear that God is no longer present. But He is; He’s there waiting for us to heed His instruction on how to live. (He lived perfectly, remember?  The One who lived a sinless life is the One who truly knows how to live.)

 When I came to Christ, I experienced something so unbelievable that I wish I could feel again.  It was an incredible humbling. I kept thinking, how could He die for me? How could Christ love me so much that He would die for ME, sin-soaked and confused and imperfect as I am? That was when I really grasped for the first time the love that God has for me. 

My most passionate love for God unveiled itself when I had to let go of someone I loved. I experienced heartache that could have overpowered me and carried me away. Instead, the Lord’s presence became intoxicating, and Jesus was my best friend.  I would ask Him why He took away the one thing I thought I had a right to.  He showed me that I don't have a right to anything but to worship my Father and glorify Him in everything that I do because of all that He has done for me. Life’s unfair.  I don't deserve unconditional love, and yet, God continually fulfills His promise to love me. Thank you, Lord.
 Having an intimate relationship with God makes me certain that His Word is true. He wrote the Bible through man and blessed us with His guidance through this life toward the next.  He is a lawgiver, but He is also a friend, a lover and a ceaseless forgiver (oh, He is so full of grace!).

 I have seen so many things in the mere year that I've known the Lord. I am not capable of loving without God, because God is love. When I read 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, I realize that there is no way that anyone can ever love in the flesh; God’s standards are unmet in our humanity.  But Jesus embodied love as He lay dying on the cross. He thought of us who were to be saved, and He gave up His body to be broken.  For love!

Because of this perfect love, we are able to love through Him, and because we love, we will live."
  
-adguglielmo 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment